Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yin and Yang

I woke up this morning in a really crummy mood.  After I showered, I sat on my bed and told my husband that I just feel sad today.  He sat down next to me, gave me a hug and a kiss and then we both continued to get ready.  And while I still felt overwhelmed with sadness, I tried my hardest to at least move on with my getting ready for work routine and to continue to just put one foot in front of the other.

This morning was a little different...  because of the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow, rather than taking patients on Tuesday and Thursday, my acupuncturist scheduled appointments for Monday and Wednesday.  I ended up scheduling an appointment with him for first thing this morning - 7:00 a.m. - and then hurriedly rushed to work in hopes of not being too late.

Anyway, while at my appointment, as needles were being stuck into my body, we got to talking about random things: work, Thanksgiving and ultimately about my bad mood (solely due to my infertility).  My acupuncturist finished sticking me with needles and left me "to just relax" with these parting words "in Chinese medicine, we belive in the Yin and Yang... it's really a cycle.  Yin and Yang is a symbol which shows us that if things are going badly, don't get too down about it... because good is right around the corner...". 

I've been thinking of the Yin and Yang all day - I pray I'm at the very end of the bad stuff... and that good really is right around the corner for me. 

I'm afraid that my hope and faith are starting to diminish with each passing day...

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs