Friday, October 12, 2012

Some Randomness and Every Drunken Cheerleader

Something I didn't mention in my post from earlier today is that I'm home sick from work on this Fall Friday.  While laying in bed I was able to accomplish a few (a couple being quite silly) goals:

First, I finally learned how to pronounce Hoda Kotb's last name.  This always puzzled me.  I've assumed for a long time that it was either KOBE or KOTE, leaving either the "t" or the "b" unpronounced.  Boy was I ever wrong!  The Today Show announcer this morning introduced the show's co-host by saying "Hoda KOTE-BE" - whaaaat?!  At least now I know!

Second, Kristen Blake DiMera is back on Days of Our Lives!  I'm a huge Days fan.  I admittedly DVR the show every day and breeze through the weeks' episodes every weekend.  It's my big-time guilty pleasure.  I started watching the show religiously when I was in middle school (then taping it and watching it every day after school).  Kristen has been off Days for years, but I can't wait to see all of the flash backs as they re-introduce her character to the show!
Eileen Davidson as Days' Kristen Blake DiMera

Third, in a previous blog post, I had mentioned that I wanted to read this book.  Well, today I did.  I'm not going to write a lengthy book report as I did for Silent Sorority, but I'd like to share some of the thoughts I was left with, words of encouragement I'll take with me, and statements that left me thinking "that's exactly how I feel".

Kristine Ireland Waits writes in Every Druken Cheerleader: Why Not Me?:

"Let me tell you what you need to hear most of all.  God is not abandoning you.  You did nothing wrong.  This is not your fault.  You are not alone."

"When you get to the point where you cannot take another step, please look around and realize that, just by looking, you are moving forward."

"Give yourself permission to feel whatever you feel to the fullest degree and then move on.  Blame.  Hate.  Love.  Fight.  Keep your eye on Jesus and your marriage.  It'll be OK."

"While you are undeniably happy for your friend or family member that God has chosen her to be a mother, you are reminded by way of the announcement that He has not yet chosen you.  The pendulum of emotion can be dizzying."

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs