Monday, June 4, 2012

Miserable Mood Monday...

Ugh... I just can't get it together today.  First, it's Monday and Monday's are always the worst day of the week.  Second, my co-worker (who knows about my heartbreaking struggle with infertility) told me today that she's pregnant.  I honestly am at a loss.  How can you be happy for someone when you feel so sad for yourself?  The news announcement (let's face it, I've known about this longer than I should have) of her pregnancy left me with a pounding headache that just won't subside.  Luckily (for both of us) she told me in a work instant message, which was much better than having to face her as she told me this undeniably extremely exciting news (for her... for me, the news is undeniably extremely gut-wrenching).  God knows I've been worried about this day for weeks... I wasn't sure how I would be able to control my facial expression... All I could picture were my lips immediately turning upside down into a frown that I wouldn't be able to re-form into a smile to at least make it look like I'm happy for her...

How horrible is that?  How horrible am I???  Fine. I'll admit it, I AM happy for her.  I'm just SO SAD for myself.  Why her and not me?  I mean really, why not me especially with ALL of the assistance I've had including months and months of medications, injections, IUI's and an IVF?  I just don't understand...

Now that I officially know, it's awkward.  I feel like I can't talk about it with her.  I mean, I really can't talk about it with her.  I don't know what I'd say.  I don't know that I could say anything without starting to sob.  I feel so upset for myself that I just don't think I can have the normal day-to-day conversations with her in fear that this will come up.  And now knowing just makes it all that much more difficult.  The worst part is that I want to say something to her.  I want to be a normal person and ask her how she's feeling, when she's due and all the other questions that I'm DYING for someone to ask me someday.  But - I.just.can't.  I cannot be that friend to her right now, and it kills me that by not being able to be that friend, I'm not really being a friend at all...

My heart aches today.

1 comment:

A said...

Wow. I could have written that exact post. Word for word.
Before TTC I was so excited to hear about pregnancies and wanted to know every detail. Now, like you said, I ignore it completely.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs