Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chocolat

Our flights are booked and we'll be in Colorado in just about a month (eeeek!).  To prepare for this (HUGE) next step, I spent much of my day today filling out medical release forms to fax to my current RE's practice and talking to both my insurance company and OBGYN's office (in hopes that they'd agree to administer a baseline ultrasound and blood draw if need-be).  In between being placed on hold and signing my name multiple times, all I could think of were these:
Cadbury mini eggs.  Oh my.  I just adore these little bits of candy-coated milk chocolate!  In fact, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't eat them for lunch yesterday (yes, I have awful eating habits).

But here's the thing... I need to eat ALL of these to-die-for mini eggs before going out to Colorado.  Part of CCRM's ODWU schedule includes a baseline scan/Doppler ultrasound, thus meaning that I am restricted from caffeine for three days prior (caffeine effects blood flow which is measured by Doppler).  Don't even get me started on omitting my daily dose of coffee.  Dunkin Donuts is my lifeline.  It's a bad habit (though, maybe not as bad of a habit as only eating chocolate for lunch... oops!).

Anyway, I digress... First, I'm focusing on my chocolate addiction... then I'll move on to my coffee addiction.  Wish me luck.  It's near impossible walking by this little candy dish full of bits of heaven!
And if I make it past that candy dish (which, let's face it, I probably won't!), then I most definitely won't make it past this one:
What's better than a heart-shaped chunk of chocolate (I'll take milk or dark!) than a heart-shaped chunk of chocolate foil wrapped complete with an inspirational message inside?!  I die...

Oh... and one last thing!  Thanks to my sweet new blog friend, Jessah for including me in her crush blog post.  I share the same feelings about Jessah and her blog as she does for mine.

Now back to stuffing my mouth full of mini eggs...


8 comments:

the blogivers said...

This is why I can't ever put candy in our candy dish that isn't wrapped! For some reason the wrapping is just enough to prevent me from binging on candy every time I pass by the bowl :)

Aramis said...

OMG I love mini-eggs so much! Now I have a total craving...

Erika said...

I am such a sucker for a candy bowl. It's scary.

Mel said...

You can do it.... I gave up the chocolate for my ODWU last may and just now started eating very very small amounts for treats.... yes... I went many months without it, but if you can find something else to substitute with that will make it easier.

My blood flow was off during my doppler...someday I'll get records, as I dont know what my numbers really were...I had to do the electostim acupuncture and no caffeine. Well worth it though.

Thinking of you.....hugs!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Just coming over from another blog and have to comment because Mini-Eggs are my absolute favorite. (Well, it's a toss-up between them and Creme Eggs ....) Enjoy as much as you can before you have to quit - only temporarily, I hope! - and good luck with your upcoming appointment.

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Just coming over from another blog and have to comment because Mini-Eggs are my absolute favorite. (Well, it's a toss-up between them and Creme Eggs ....) Enjoy as much as you can before you have to quit - only temporarily, I hope! - and good luck with your upcoming appointment.

dspence said...

*nomnomnom* I LOVE cadbury chocolate and have absolutely zero willpower. Sigh!

Denise Lopatka said...

i LOVE mini eggs! love them! also - just found your blog and so glad i did! newest follower here :) xox

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs