Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nemo, 2013

We survived what they're calling Nemo, the Blizzard of 2013.  The state of Massachusetts declared a driving ban, which began on Friday at 4 p.m. and was lifted yesterday (Saturday) at 4 p.m.  The MBTA, our state's subway, which we refer to as "the T" shut down on Friday at 3:30 p.m. and will remain closed until tomorrow.  I went to the grocery store Friday morning for ingredients for a great soup, but when I walked in and saw that there were no carriages left, I turned around and walked right out (I did see a woman leaving the store pushing a carriage with four gallons of milk, though.  I still don't get it!).

Anyway, here's how we spent our weekend (in pictures):

We relaxed and snuggled...

We took pictures as the snow started to fall...

We turned our kitchen table into a doctor's office (I started my PIO injections on Friday night... more to come on that in a later post):

We woke up to a covering of almost 30" (!!!) in snow:

We were finally plowed out and were able to play some more in the snow today:
  
And now I'm nursing my bum, which is already sore after only two nights of injections.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

I wonder if sitting in the 30" of snow would make your bum feel better?! :)

Erika said...

Love your chalkboard Nemo sign!! The fish makes it look particularly intimidating. :) I can't BELIEVE that much snow!!! I love how your hair is curled to go play in it. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are safe and sound and actually enjoying the snow! Work tomorrow? Are the roads plowed!? Hope those PIOs are going OK! I start tomorrow and I am soooo nervous!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs