Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2012

This is what our Christmas looked like this year (lucky for you (actually for me) I didn't capture any pictures of my (many) tears and swollen eyes):
Nick and I were on the same page this year with our ornament gifts.  We both chose ornaments that represent our most favorite vacation ever (our trip to California this past August).  Surprisingly, Nick declared that I won this year.  My ornament to Nick is the one on the right - a Shutterfly picture cube, Nick's ornament to me is the one on the left - a tourist couple that says "Aubrey & Nick California PCH Aug 2012".  I'm glad that I de-Scrooged myself enough this year to put a small tree up so that we could make this our sixth annual ornament giving night. 
We are fortunate and very blessed to have been able to spend this very painful Christmas with our families, who love and support us more than anyone else.  We pray that this will have been our last Christmas as just a family of two (and that maybe, with a lot of luck, our ornaments will be baby-related next year!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun tradition! I want to steal it! Last year I was so naive and thought that OF COURSE we would get pregnant immediately and have a baby by Holidays 2012. This year I am cautiously optimistic that we will have a bundle of joy (or one on the way) for 2013! I hope hope hope that you will get that new baby or pregnant belly ornament next year!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs