Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Will Be A Wonderful Mother

I recently found this on the Internet while researching failed IVF cycles.  I just happened to stumble across it and have not been able to keep myself from constantly going back to read it again and again - it helps me to smile when right now all I feel is despair and hurt.

I Will Be A Wonderful Mother
Author Unknown
 
There are women who become mothers without effort,
without thought,
without patience or loss,
and though they are good mothers and love their children,
I know that I will be better.
 
I will be better not because of genetics or money or because I have read more books,
but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.
 
I have longed and waited.
 
I have cried and prayed.
 
I have endured and planned over and over again.
 
Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.
 
I will notice everything about my child.
 
I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover.
 
I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.
 
I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream.
 
My dream will be crying for me.
 
I count myself lucky in this sense; God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child.
 
Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.
 
I will be a better mother for all I have endured.
 
Yes, I will be a wonderful mother.
 
 
Now, cue the tears...

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs