Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ten on Tuesday (infertility style)

1.  Lately I've been having an issue with OPK's.  While normally on my blog OPK's would stand for "ovulation predictor kits", #1 (and #2) in this post is actually referring to "other peoples' kids".  Aside from reading blogs about other peoples' pregnancies and/or children, in real life I.just.can't.take.it.  I don't want to see your kids, I don't want to hear stories about how undeniably cute they are and I especially don't want to hear about how difficult life is with children - because try not having them at all.  I know this sounds harsh, and deep down I suppose I don't really mean it... But I guess this is just one of the many stages in dealing with infertility that you (or at least I) go through.

2.  My annoyance with OPK's is recent.  For the past year and a half, my issue was more so with other pregnant women.  I seriously avoided some of my friends for 9 months (I know, I'm horrible..) - but once their baby came, it was almost as if I'd returned from the dead...

3.  Next on my reading list: Silent Sorority.

4. After I finish reading Silent Sorority, this one will be next.  And then, when I've finished that one... I'll read this one (OK, I'm done with linking infertility books now, I promise!).

5.  My acupuncturist is on vacation this week - I've been stressed about taking this week off (especially since I'll miss another two sessions while I'm away on vacation) - but I guess c'est la vie (random tid bit of information: I was a French major in college).  He was sure to give me extra herbs, though, and I'm still juicing once a day so I guess that's good...

6.  I think my BBT chart looks somewhat more normal this month.  My temps seem to be a bit lower (early in my cycle) with less significant ups and downs so far.  I'm hoping that with this cycle I'll see more of a distinction, clearly outlining the two phases of my cycle.

7.  Last week I confirmed with CCRM that they have received all of my medical records (for Dr. S's review) for our upcoming phone consultation at the end of the month!

8.  Last week I also confirmed with my local RE that I'll be all set to start IVF #3 (ugh, just typing that makes me want to barf!) once I get my period at the end of September (which would be the end of my 3 months of herbs and if for some reason we choose not to move forward with CCRM).

9.  I'm still praying that we won't even have to deal with #8 or #9.  Please Lord, answer our prayers!

10.  A couple of years ago (before knowing anything about my infertility issues) (during a time that I was going through some other difficult things - - not nearly as difficult as infertility, though), I wrote and stuck a bible verse in my wallet for a daily reminder that it's all in God's hands and that it will all turn out OK, according to His will...
I'm glad that I never removed this from my wallet - it's a nice reminder for me to trust in Him, even on the most difficult of days.  Jeremiah 29:11

xoxo,
Aubrey Blair

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs